Benjamin Chia, MD
Get to Know Me
Dr. Chia is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in care of the hand and upper extremity, including arthritis, arthroscopic surgery, endoscopic carpal tunnel release, nerve and tendon disorders (carpal tunnel, trigger finger, lacerations, injury), fractures, and sports injuries.
Dr. Chia completed his undergraduate studies at Washington University in St. Louis. Prior to attending his state medical school, Southern Illinois University in Springfield, IL, he lived and worked as a chef in New York City after he completed culinary school, receiving Le Grand Diplome de Cuisine et de Patisserie at Le Cordon Bleu Academie d’Art Culinaire, in Paris, France.
Dr. Chia completed his Orthopedic residency training at University of Maryland in Baltimore and completed advanced subspecialty training with a Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery at University of Washington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA.
Getting injured or dealing with pain can be frustrating and affect more than just daily activities of life. Dr. Chia looks forward to working with you on a personalized and unique treatment plan based on shared decision-making through listening and understanding all that affects your life.
In his free time, he enjoys food and wine, cooking, hiking, tennis, golf, and most importantly, spending quality time with his wife and 2 young girls.
Patient Success Stories
- MD, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
- Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Le Grand Diplome de Cuisine et de Patisserie,Le Cordon Bleu Academie d’Art Culinaire, Paris, France
- BA, Finance and Psychology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine, Washington State University
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Co-Lead, Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences, Everett, Spokane, Tri-Cities and Vancouver
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Washington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Seattle, WA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Washington State Medical Association
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds