Get to Know Me
Sean Amann, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a clinical focus on joint replacement for the hip and knee. He offers both partial and total joint replacement and has clinical expertise in revision joint replacement as well as treatment of painful or failed total joint replacements. Dr. Amann also specializes in less-invasive surgical techniques, including performing hip replacements through the anterior approach, which can result in a quicker recovery. Additionally, his clinical focus includes treatment of fractures and other musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Amann completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Colorado and medical school at the Chicago Medical School. His residency training in Orthopedic Surgery was completed at the University of Washington Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center. He went on to complete his advanced subspecialty fellowship training in Complex Adult Joint Reconstruction at Colorado Joint Replacement.
Before coming to Edmonds Orthopedic Center, Dr. Amann was in practice with Group Health/Kaiser for six years. By putting the patient first, Dr. Amann looks forward to working collaboratively with patients and expanding the opportunities for specialized treatment of hip and knee arthritis in our local community.
Outside of the office, Dr. Amann enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, travel, and golf.
Patient Success Stories
- BS, University of Colorado
- MD, Chicago Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic, University of Washington Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- University of Washington and Harborview Medical Centers, Seattle, WA
- Complex Adult Joint Reconstruction, Colorado Joint Replacement, Denver, CO
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds