Get to Know Me
Brian Cameron, MD, specializes in minimally invasive surgery of the shoulder, knee, and elbow as well as shoulder replacement surgery. Holding board certifications in both Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery, he has specialty fellowship training in shoulder and elbow surgery, and believes in taking care of his patients as though they are a member of his family.
His specialties include:
- Minimally-invasive arthroscopic shoulder surgery such as ligament and tendon repair, rotator cuff and labral repair, and instability surgery
- Minimally-invasive arthroscopic knee surgery such as meniscus repair (meniscectomy), tendon, and ligament surgery
- Arthroscopic and open elbow surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery, including reverse shoulder replacement
- Shoulder fracture repair, including primary fixation and prosthetic replacement
- Sports medicine
- Orthopedic fracture care
Dr. Cameron has authored and co-authored a number of articles and book chapters about shoulder surgery. He has given scientific and informative presentations on a variety of shoulder-related topics, including minimally-invasive arthroscopic shoulder surgery and shoulder replacement, including reverse shoulder replacement. He receives referrals for a wide variety of complex shoulder-related conditions.
Dr. Cameron and his wife, Tracy Cameron MD, have spent extended periods of time in overseas medical missions. His family has had the privilege of serving the local people of Seattle through the Puget Sound Christian Clinic, Union Gospel Mission, and University Presbyterian Church, as well as Internationally through Samaritans Purse, Medical Benevolence Foundation, and DOXA (Mexico).
In his free time, Dr. Cameron enjoys shared outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and golfing with his wife and two older teenagers. On rainy weekend days, Dr. Cameron can often be found playing drums in the basement. As an undergraduate student at the University of Washington, he marched in the drum corps in the Husky Marching Band.
Patient Success Stories
- BA, University of Washington, Seattle
- MD, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Orthopedic surgery, Akron General Medical Center
- Shoulder and elbow surgery, University of Pennsylvania, with Dr. Joseph P. Iannotti
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, Phoenix Group for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- President (former) and current board member, Northwestern Medical-Dental Association
- Admissions committee member (former), University of Washington School of Medicine
- Mortar Board Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Swedish Edmonds Hospital
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery