Get to Know Me
David Kuechle, M.D. is a double board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive surgery of the shoulder, elbow and knee, as well as partial and total knee replacement surgery.
His specialties include:
- Complex problems of the shoulder, elbow and knee
- Arthroscopic/minimally invasive surgery of the shoulder, elbow and knee
- Sports medicine injuries of the shoulder, elbow and knee
- Partial and total knee replacement, computer/robotic assisted surgery
Dr. Kuechle is a native of Portland, Oregon. After attending Stanford University for his undergraduate education, Dr. Kuechle obtained his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He served his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education in Rochester, Minnesota, while simultaneously earning a master’s degree in biomechanics. He then completed advanced postgraduate fellowship training in Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine under the direction of Dr. Richard Caspari, MD at Orthopedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia. Dr. Kuechle holds clinical faculty status at the University of Washington School of Medicine in the Department of Orthopedics. Dr. Kuechle has served as an instructor at Master’s Courses in Arthroscopy for the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Edmonds Orthopedic Center, Dr. Kuechle enjoys traveling, playing guitar, cooking, reading, and spending time with his family. He has been a member of four national champion men’s senior baseball league teams and was recently elected to the league’s Hall of Fame. Dr. Kuechle is certified in both Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Patient Success Stories
- BA, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- MS, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN
- Arthroscopy and sports medicine, Orthopedic Research of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Certificate in Added Qualifications for Sports Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, Snohomish County Medical Society
- Clinical faculty, UW Medicine Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds