Get to Know Me
Dr. Esterberg has been a partner with Proliance Surgeons since 2008. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota Orthopedic Surgery residency program and the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed his spine-fellowship training at the prestigious Leatherman Spine Institute.
Dr. Esterberg’s focus is on adult cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine issues. He has extensive experience in advanced minimally-invasive (MIS) spine techniques, which have been shown to speed recovery time due to the advanced technology used. He has a special interest in non-fusion techniques, including artificial disc replacement and motion-preserving procedures, which can be effective alternatives to fusion procedures.
His patient-centered approach focuses on education as he explores all non-surgical and surgical options with patients. When surgery is needed, his goal is to help guide each patient through their pre- and post-operative care in order to help them achieve the best possible outcome.
In his time away from work, he enjoys tennis, hiking, skiing, and spending time with his family of five.
- MD, University of Minnesota Medical School
- University of Minnesota Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Norton Leatherman Spine Center / Spine Institute for Special Surgery, Louisville, KY
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program
- Member, King County Medical Association
- Member, North American Spine Society
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Proliance Center of Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery
- Swedish Edmonds
- Swedish Orthopedic Institute/Swedish Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds